Sunday, May 20, 2012

Busy days going on

    Well believe it or not I have been busy! Hence was not able to post anything since long. Though, the good thing is, I have been busy working on things that I love and hence I am not getting bored! Here are 2 things that I am working on right now.

1. Getting Things GNOME!
         Getting things GNOME! is an organizer for Gnome Desktop environment. Needless to say that it is an open source project. It has a really cool team of contributors. I have solved bugs related to event handling and UI so far. Some updates are waiting approval. All in all, this is my first experience of working in a software team and the conversations on IRC and mailing lists has taught me a lot!

2. A project on Wireless Sensor Networks
         I am doing a summer internship under my college professor where I will be working on a secure data aggregation and intrusion detection system for Wireless sensor networks. It is not sure as to which part of the project will I be working on right now. Currently I am learning programming for TinyOS using Nesc. It is a really interesting project. I get to read several research papers and will be learning a lot about encryption and cryptography. It will be real fun!
 
   I have further projects in the pipeline but I have no clue when I will be able to work on them. But for the next 2 months these will be my primary focus.

  

No comments:

Post a Comment